- Premier League
- Kostas Lianos
ARSENAL have held fresh talks with Brighton over Moises Caicedo - and have submitted a NEW £70m bid, according to reports.
The midfielder, who has begged his club to accept the initial £60m bid, has been given the weekend off and told to stay away from the training ground ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline day.
Elsewhere, Leeds United are reportedly set to complete the signing of Gunners target Weston McKennie from Juventus.
TheUSA internationalis believed to be joining the club on loan with an option to buy in the summer.
Meanwhile, the Gunners have reportedly reached an agreement with Gabriel Martinelli over a new bumper contract until 2027.
Best online UK casinos: Top 10 casino sites for January 2023
Follow ALL the action from the Emirates with our live blog below...
Jon Boon56 minutes ago
Pepe's Arsenal experiences
Nicolas Pepe has reflected on his time at Arsenal - insisting he has good and bad memories of his time in England.
"My time in England allowed me to evolve," he toldRMC Sport.
"I got older, I had children so I matured a lot. I have had some very good experiences as well as some less good ones.
"It forged my mind and it serves me today!”
Jon BoonToday, 22:20
Arsenal could still move for teenage wonderkid Ivan Fresneda before the transfer window ends.
Fabrizio Romano told GiveMeSport: "At the moment, it is not that easy.
“But it’s true that Arsenal had conversations with his agents and it’s true that Arsenal are interested.
“It’s going to be important to understand what they can offer because Real Valladolid are prepared to accept less than the release clause.
“The release clause is €30m, but they’re prepared to accept around €15m (£13.1m). And they want the player to stay until the end of the season to help Real Valladolid to fight and stay in La Liga. Borussia Dortmund are offering that.”
Jon BoonToday, 21:14
Caicedo transfer request
Arsenal have denied they had any hand in encouraging Moises Caicedeo to hand in a transfer request.
The Brighton midfielder pleaded with his club on Instagram to let him leave, after the Gunners made their interest known.
Since, the Seagulls have reportedly turned down two bids for their star man believed to be £60m and £70m.
According to football.london, Arsenal contacted Brighton to let them know they were not involved in Caicedo's social media post.
And they want to keep a good relationship with the club - who they previously bought Ben White and, most recently, Leandro Trossard from.
Jon BoonToday, 20:22
Bamba deal 'postponed'
Arsenal will delay any move for Ibrahima Bamba until the end of the current season, according to a new report.
Sport Italia claim the Gunners are interested in bringing the midfielder to the club to bolster their squad.
However, they are in no hurry to firm up their interested with a bid - as they continue to chase Brighton star Moises Caicedo.
Napoli and Atalanta are also said to be targeting the VitoriaGuimaraes star.
Jon BoonToday, 19:37
Arsenal are reportedly locked in a battle with crosstown rivals Spurs for the signing of wonderkid, Elye Wahi.
The North London clubs are one of a number of sides interested in the Montpellier talent, according to Foot Mercato.
The France U19 international, now 20, has scored seven times this season in Ligue 1 in just 18 games.
Jon BoonToday, 18:49
Still interested in Rice
Despite interest in Moises Caicedo, the Gunners still remain in the hunt for Declan Rice in the summer.
According to the Telegraph, paying a big transfer fee for the Ecuadorian will not stop them from making a move for the England international at the end of the campaign.
Any move for Rice could be worth around £70million.
Arsenal have reportedly had a £70million bid for Caicedo rejected for Brighton, who are holding out for £80million.
Jon BoonToday, 18:15
Arsenal are confident Thomas Partey will be fit for next weekend’s clash against Everton.
That’s despite the star going off injured in yesterday’sFA Cup defeat at Manchester City.
Partey, 29, has been one of Arsenal’s standout players in this season’s unexpected title charge.
The former Atletico Madrid man has chipped in with two goals in 16 games from midfield.
But Partey gave Mikel Arteta a fright when he was forced off at half-time at the Etihad yesterday.
Albert Sambi Lokonga came on after Partey suffered a blow to his ribs.
And Arteta later confirmed that hisNo5 was set for an MRI scan, dealing a blow to Arsenal’s title hopes.
However, the Gunners are today confident that Partey did not suffer a serious setback.
The MRI results have instead given the powerhouse the all-clear.
And he is expected to be in the starting XI when Arsenal travel to Everton next Saturday.
Kostas LianosToday, 17:52
More for Moi
Arsenal have submitted a second offer worth £70million in an attempt to sign Brighton star Moises Caicedo.
But the Seagulls are understood to be standing by their decision not to sell Caicedo, 21.
The midfielder released a statement on Friday night urging his club to accept the Gunners' original £60m bid.
Chelsea had also already seen an offer worth £55m turned down by the south-coast giants.
However, Brighton responded to the Ecuador international's demand by urging him to stay away from training until after the January transfer window closes on Tuesday.
According toThe Mail, Arsenal have returned with a second offer consisting of £60m plus £10m in add-ons
Kostas LianosToday, 17:20
San with a plan
Arsenal flop Yaya Sanogo has finally found himself a club after joining Armenian outfit FC Urartu.
Sanogo, 30, joined the Gunners back in 2013 on a free transfer after his deal with Auxerre expired.
But the striker scored just one goal in 20 appearances for the North Londoners and eventually left to join Toulouse in 2017.
That came after loan spells with Crystal Palace, Ajax and Charlton, with the three short-term moves leading to a total of just four goals for the 30-year-old.
Three underwhelming seasons followed in Ligue 1, before the Frenchman joined Huddersfield in February 2021.
Just three months later, it was confirmed by the Championship outfit that his deal would not be extended.
Ever since then, Sanogo has been searching for a route back into football and now he has been given that chance as Urartu have taken a punt on the forward
Kostas LianosToday, 16:56
Walk this way
Manchester City star Kyle Walker showed he is still a Tottenham man at heart.
That’s by angrily launching an Arsenal shirt into the crowd after City’s FA Cup win against the Gunners yesterday.
One excited Gooner got carried away as he threw an Arsenal shirt at Walker as the right-back departed the field last night.
The England international angrily bent down to pick up the shirt from the floor.
And without looking at the culprit, the 32-year-old hurled the Arsenal jersey straight back into the crowd
Kostas LianosToday, 16:27
Bolasie on Lokonga
Ex-Everton and Crystal Palace man Yannick Bolasie, who was a team-mate of Albert Sambi Lokonga's at Anderlecht, also defended the Arsenal man after the game at Manchester City.
Bolasie said: "He’s a young player.
"Many people have done this but doesn’t mean he’s being disrespectful, I think people just looking for opportunities to get on his back which I don’t think is fair.
"His qualities will shine through"
Kostas LianosToday, 16:07
Wright on Lokonga
Arsenal legend Ian Wright has leapt to the defence of Albert Sambi Lokonga after Martin Odegaard appeared frustrated with him during their 1-0 defeat to Manchester City.
A clip went viral after the match of the Gunners' captain Odegaard furiously gesturing to Lokonga for being out of position.
But Wright was quick to shut down any negative talk about the midfielder during his post-match analysis.
The pundit told ITV: "With someone like Sambi, he needs minutes, he needs to be playing, he needs to be able to understand and be more wary of where he is and what he needs to do and where he needs to be dropping in.
"You’ve got to kind of sense that danger and that’s why he needs the minutes in games of this quality, because that’s where you learn"
Kostas LianosToday, 15:39
Arsenal's midfield chase
Arsenal are in the market for a midfielder after Mohamed Elneny suffered a long term knee injury, leaving Mikel Arteta short of cover, writes SunSport's Jack Rosser.
Thomas Partey was forced off with a knock during Friday's FA Cup defeat to Manchester City, but initial assessments have shown it is not a serious injury and the club are hopeful the midfielder will be fit for the trip to Everton next weekend.
Should Moises Caicedo remain on the south coast, Arteta may be forced to turn to a move for the Toffees' Andre Onana or Martin Zubimendi, the Real Sociedad midfielder.
Despite the good news around Partey, the Gunners only have Albert Sambi Lokonga as cover for their first choice midfielders, with the Belgian yet to prove he is good enough for the club
Kostas LianosToday, 15:19
Moises Caicedo latest
Brighton told Arsenal that Moises Caicedo is "categorically" not for sale this month and told the midfielder to stay away from training until the transfer window is closed, writes SunSport's Jack Rosser.
The Gunners held further talks with the south coast side yesterday morning where owner Tony Bloom told the Premier League leaders to back off their star man, despite Caicedo publicly declaring that he wants to leave.
The Seagulls rejected a £60million offer from Arsenal on Friday morning, prompting Caicedo, 21, to make clear his desire to leave the club on social media that night.
Both Brighton and Arsenal reacted badly to the post, which was seemingly written by the Ecuador international's new representatives and included a spelling mistake when naming Caicedo's hometown.
Brighton responded by asking their star man to stay away from training until the close of the window on February 1, sitting out today's Cup tie against Liverpool.
The hope is that a few days off will see the midfielder return in the right mindset for the second half of the campaign having missed out on a dream move
Kostas LianosToday, 14:57
Hec of a move
Sporting Lisbon are eyeing up Barcelona star Hector Bellerin as a replacement for Tottenham target Pedro Porro.
According toThe Athletic, Sporting are now "exploring the possibility" of acquiringBellerinif Porro leaves for Spurs.
The North Londoners are keen to get a£40milion deal over the linefor the 23-year-old, although no agreement has yet been reached.
Meanwhile, Bellerin is understood to be "open" to joining the Portuguese giants should such a deal materialise
Kostas LianosToday, 14:37
McKennie completes loan
Leeds are set to complete the signing of Weston McKennie from Juventus.
McKennie is believed to be joining the club on loan with an option to buy in the summer.
According to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, theYorkshire giants will pay a loan fee of £1million and the option to buy him will cost £29m.
Arsenal had been interested in the midfielder, but the report reveals that Leeds president AndreaRadrizzani was able to make a breakthrough.
Romano tweeted: "Weston McKennie to Leeds, here we go! Understand Leeds will pay €1.2m loan fee — deal will include buy option clause for €33m plus add ons.
"Leeds president Radrizzani unlocked the deal with Juventus in the night. McKennie has agreed personal terms with Leeds"
Kostas LianosToday, 14:11
Smalling’s transfer request
Roma star Chris Smalling has handed in a transfer request to force a move to Inter Milan.
Smalling, who joined the Giallorossi from Manchester United in 2019, has entered the final six months of his contract.
Although the Serie A giants have offered him a one-year extension,the centre-back has made it clear that he does not want to remain at the Olimpico.
According toTuttomercatoweb, the former England international is eager to move on before the January transfer window slams shut.
And thus, the 33-year-old has submitted a transfer request in an attempt to force a move away
Kostas LianosToday, 13:50
Keane on Arteta
Manchester United legend Roy Keane has slammed Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta for making six changes to his team for their FA Cup fourth-round clash with Manchester City.
The Gunners were eliminated after losing 1-0 to City following Nathan Ake's winner.
Keane said: "It's a huge gamble to make so many changes, particularly in the defensive position, the goalkeepers.
"We thought he'd make one or two, but that's such a gamble to make so many changes at the back, especially with the attacking players Man City have got"
Kostas LianosToday, 13:21
Keane’s Pep talk
Manchester United legend Roy Keane was caught smirking before giving Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola some shock advice after the game against Arsenal.
Keane and the Gunners' hero Ian Wright were puzzled by Guardiola’s blunt interview for Friday’s FA Cup clash.
United’s former hardman left Wright roaring with laughter after giving poker-faced Pep one of the most ironic tips.
ITV’s Gabriel Clarke had asked the Spaniard if he’d be sharing a drink with Mikel Arteta after the fourth-round tie.
But the ex-Barcelona boss shrugged, mumbled a short reply and appeared desperate to dash away – which he promptly did.
Keane said: “I think Pep should smile a bit more – and that’s coming from me”
Watch Roy Keane smirk as Man Utd legend makes cheeky comment about Pep Guardiola after Man City boss' blunt interview
Kostas LianosToday, 12:57
Ol too much
Arsenal star Oleksandr Zinchenko appeared to lose his cool with his former Manchester City team-mates after the 1-0 FA Cup defeat.w why.
Nathan Ake scored the winner for Pep Guardiola's side to dump the Gunners out of the fourth round of the cup.
At full-time as Zinchenko was surrounded by his former team-mates, he appeared agitated and emotional.
The full-back tried to break free of Joao Cancelo's grasp after speaking with Riyad Mahrez, and fans aren't sure whether he was happy or angry
Arsenal star Zinchenko appears to be held back by Cancelo while speaking to Man City stars after FA Cup clash
Kostas LianosToday, 12:23
Partey injury update
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says Thomas Partey will have an MRI scan after limping off during Friday's FA Cup defeat at Manchester City.
Arteta said: “He felt something and we didn’t want to take any risks, so he could not continue.
“He had some discomfort and it was getting worse and worse, so he could not continue. He wasn’t comfortable to continue.
“Obviously tomorrow, the day after he will have to have an MRI scan and see what he has”
Kostas LianosToday, 12:01
Not for sale
Brighton have this morning told Arsenal that Moises Caicedo is categorically not for sale this month.
The Seagulls rejected Arsenal's £60million offer on Friday and, in further talks this morning, have told the Gunners Caicedo is going nowhere.
On Friday, the midfielder took to social media in an attempt to force a record-breaking transfer.
But Brighton remain adamant that the Ecuador international will not leave before the window closes next week
Kostas LianosToday, 11:33
Caicedo advised not to train
Brighton have advised Arsenal target Moises Caicedo to stay away from training until the transfer window closes next week, writes SunSport’s Jack Rosser.
Caicedo took to social media to push for a move away from The Amex on Friday night, hours after the Seagulls had rejected a £60million bid from the Gunners.
The midfielder is valued at upwards of £80million and while another bid is expected from north London, owner Tony Bloom is set to reject further offers having already knocked back Chelsea earlier in January.
Brighton do not want to lose the Ecuador international as they push to qualify for Europe for the first time in their history this season.
The Seagulls want Caicedo to use the time off to refocus ahead of what could be an historic end to the season, with Roberto De Zerbi’s team currently sixth in the table
Kostas LianosToday, 10:48
Man City 1-0 Arsenal
Arsenal have been eliminated from the FA Cup by Manchester City.
City defeated the Gunners 1-0 in the fourth round at the Etihad thanks to Nathan Ake's winner.
Ake sealed the win on 64 minutes when Julian Alvarez hit the post and Jack Grealish held on to the ball.
Grealish then found the incoming Ake, who hit Matt Turner's bottom left corner
Kostas LianosToday, 10:20
Gabriel Martinelli reminder
Gabriel Martinelli has agreed a new long-term contract with Arsenal which will more than double his current salary, writes SunSport’s Mark Irwin.
Martinelli is set to sign a £180,000-a-week deal to 2027 with the option of an extra 12 months.
Manager Mikel Arteta is delighted to secure the services of the exciting young winger after months of negotiations.
The winger, who currently earns around £70,000-a-week, will become one of the club’s highest paid players after pledging his future to the Gunners for the foreseeable future
- Arsenal transfer news
- Premier League
- Sport Live Blogs
- West Ham
YOU MIGHT LIKE
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
MORE FOR YOU